14 Tastings, 8 Stories and 3 Hours of Pure Bliss
What’s it like to eat in one of the world’s most-multicultural cities? From cheap sushi to deep-fried cheese curds, these are 27 Signs you’re “totally eating in Vancouver!”
1. We love our ice cream organic
Thank you to Earnest Ice Cream, Rain or Shine, and Soft Peaks for making our indulgence feel so wholesome
2. Cold-pressed juice has a cult following
And we want to drink the Kool-Aid…er, juice 😛
Photo Credit:[email protected]
3. Sashimi is a thing of beauty
Where fish and fine art meet
Photo credit: @kikikat_foodindex
4. A California Roll often costs less than your coffee
Photo credit: Japanese Food Story
5. Speaking of coffee, we absolutely love the stuff
Lifehack called Vancouver 1 of 11 cities that coffee lovers should visit!
Featured: Revolver Coffee in Gastown, Vancouver
6. Our cuisine is a culture mash up of. Exhibit A: Japanese hot dogs…
We <3 you, Japadog!
Practically the norm at Vancouver’s myriad of poke shops!
Featured: The Poke Shop in downtown Vancouver
Puns like this are only the beginning at Bao Down Snack Bar in Gastown
…and flame-seared sushi
You have not experienced Vancouver until you have tasted the Aburi Oshi Sushi at Miku
7. We’re OBSESSED with ramen
Featured: Hida Takayama Ramen in downtown Vancouver
8. $2 fresh-shucked oysters are the norm
Because the ocean is our backyard!
Featured: Fanny Bay Oyster Bar in downtown Vancouver
9. Deep-fried cheese curds are a hit snack
Foodie Tip: These go well with gravy
Photo credit: Timber Vancouver
10. Chopsticks are no biggie. How else would we eat dim sum?
Featured: Kirin Restaurant
11. “Biking the seawall” = “biking between the craft breweries”
The true motivation behind Vancouver’s “fitness”
Photo Credit: Modacity, capturing 33 Acres Brewery
12. Ergo, this beer growler bike strap is a necessity
What better use for your bike strap?
13. …Beer can even be delivered to your desk!
Photo Credit: Postmark Brewing via Foodee
14. Even Lululemon jumped aboard the beer train!
Because stretchy pants and yoga mats weren’t enough
Photo Credit: Insider
15. Sometimes, we’re vegetarian, even if we’re not really vegetarian
There are SO many options that are just too good to refuse!
Photo Credit: The Acorn
16. Foodies love the gourmet food trucks
Fish tacos, handmade naan kebabs, organic salads, artisan grilled cheese sandwiches…
17. We’ve waited HOURS for a cup of gelato from Bella Gelateria
It’s the world’s best gelato, like, officially. #NoRegrets
18. Vancouver office workers eat really well
With food delivery companies like Foodee, our faves from local restaurants come right to our desks
19. We’ve all got at least one gluten-free friend
And we know what restaurants to hit up
Photo Credit: Edible Canada at the Market
20. We’ll casually shop at the Granville Island Public Market
You know, just picking up North America’s best charcuterie…
Photo Credit: Oyama Sausage Company
21. Our favourite late-night foods are poutine, shawarma, dim sum and izakaya
It is a GOOD time to be alive.
Featured: Six Acres
22. Sushi is “that thing everyone will like” for office lunch
Gone are the days of subpar sandwiches…
Photo Credit: Rue 909
23. Brunch is our religion
And we will line up…for hours…every weekend…
Featured: Cafe Medina
24. We really care where our food is coming from
From local meats to local produce, it’s a farm-to-fork kind of place out here.
Featured: Nuba Restaurant
25. We’re experts at sorting our food waste
Only 4 bins to decipher? Child’s play.
Photo Credit: Jennifer Gauthier
26. We go a wee bit crazy for Spot Prawn season
JUST ANNOUNCED: Spot Prawn Festival is May 13, 2017
27. We enjoy good food with a good view
Come hither patio season, we’re ready for you!
Featured: Dockside Restaurant on Granville Island
Explore the world-famous Public Market with ease! Our most-popular tour highlights the best of Granville Island, featuring 20+ signature Canadian tastings.
Experience the vibrant culture and history, while savouring artisan delights like local cheeses, melt-in-your-mouth donuts, and more!Read More
Feast your way through the heart of downtown Vancouver and skip the lines at Vancouver’s best food trucks!
From world-famous Japanese hot dogs to ooey-gooey Mom’s Grilled Cheese, you’ll taste proof that Vancouver is Canada’s #1 street food city.Read More
A unique and memorable gift for anyone on your list! Available in any denomination and delivered instantly via email, recipients are free to choose the ideal tour that tickles their taste buds!Read More