Believe it or not, it’s the final week of our 2014 Holiday Gift Guide! Over the past four weeks, we’ve been sharing our favourite holiday gift ideas and Christmas activities in Vancouver. We’re well-aware that we’re not the only ones publishing a “Gift Guide,” but we’ve given ours a special foodie twist – with every set of gift ideas, we’ll also be giving away a special something to our online community!
We might have just saved the best for last.
This week’s feature prize:
Vouchers from the world-class Bella Gelateria, for 10 x 2-flavour cups of gelato and an 8-inch custom gelato cake, valued at $130!
To enter to win, follow us on one (or all) of the following channels and:
- ON FACEBOOK: Find our contest post and tag a foodie who loves gelato!
- ON INSTAGRAM @vanfoodietours: Find our contest post and tag a foodie who loves gelato!
- RIGHT HERE on our food blog: Leave us a comment below!
Winner will be randomly selected on December 24, 2014, as an early Christmas present! Good luck!
This week’s feature Christmas Activity in Vancouver: The Vancouver Christmas Market in the heart of the city!
For the final week of our Holiday Gift Guide, we’re calling out “the little things.” Sometimes, the bite-sized items that you find in your stocking can make the most memorable gifts. We’re not recommending quantity over quality in your holiday gift purchases, but rather, creating an occasion or experience around a small, but thoughtful item. Here are some examples:
- Let’s say you pick up a box of macarons from Thierry for a holiday party. Choose your flavours with purpose! Revealing the insight of your selections (through a note or verbally as you present the gift) will add a special and personal touch.
- If you win this week’s prize and you’re generous enough to gift a voucher for the World’s best gelato, don’t waste the gesture by throwing it in the mix of stocking stuffers. Package the gift certificate in a nice envelope, add in a pocket-sized calendar or Post-It note, prompting the recipient to pick a date where you can visit Bella Gelateria together! Win-win.
- Little gift ideas can be used in tandem to create a big effect. For example, you can individually wrap ingredients for a recipe (ie. hot chocolate mix + gourmet marshmallows + mug) or pair items together for an occasion (ie. popcorn kernels + seasoning salt + a DVD). The suspense will build and you’ll extend the treasured of moment of opening presents!
Thanks for joining us for our 2014 Holiday Gift Guide! We hope that you’ve enjoyed reading along and are inspired with Christmas gift ideas for your loved ones. Don’t forget to check back on Christmas Eve to see if you’ve won this week’s sweet prize package from Bella Gelateria!