Join Our Team
Perform at your highest potential.
Inspire others to do the same.
Vancouver Foodie Tours is comprised of a team of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make a difference. We share and enlighten others through memorable culinary experiences, and constantly push boundaries to find a better way.
We have a whatever it takes attitude to get the job done, and we let what is best for our guests be our guiding light. We are a small but mighty team, where each team player is a key contributor with a unique skillset. We celebrate the unique strengths of each team member and constantly learn from one another.
Life is too short to be in a job you don’t love.
This is how we roll. If this sounds like you, you’ll excel here.
Generate Happiness and Appreciation
Uplifting others is in your blood. Your community inspires you.
You want to work at a company with an amazing culture, one that encourages you to learn and grow with others that have a winning mindset.
PERFORM AT YOUR HIGHEST LEVEL
You want to feel supported, receive ongoing training and guidance to operate at the highest level.
You want to have a great time, and enjoy a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle.
SUPPORTIVE TEAM MEMBERS
You want to work in a supportive team environment, where we set each other up for success.
CREATE MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES
You are thoughtful and professional. People remember you for how you make them feel.
Sound like the opportunity you have been dreaming about? Get in touch today!
President & Founder
Vancouver Foodie Tours
- OPERATIONS MANAGER (HYBRID)
Vancouver, BC, Full timeClose WindowVancouver Foodie Tours is a locally owned and operated company founded in 2010. We are driven by our passion to generate happiness and appreciation through memorable food experiences. We strive to share the most iconic, unforgettable food experiences that show the best that Vancouver has to offer. We host our tours to show how beautiful, diverse, creative and unique Vancouver is – if this is a mission that resonates with you, we would love to have you join our amazing team! We are also the folks behind Granville Island Delivery Co. where we create beautiful gift boxes using artisanal products from Granville Island merchants. We have been recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine, CBC, and Vancouver Sun for our outstanding service in supporting our community throughout the pandemic.We are seeking an Operations Manager who will assist various functions of the business. The incumbent will be responsible for the effective and successful management of our team in all aspects including hiring, coaching and assisting team members where needed. We are seeking an individual who resonates with our values and who is looking to grow alongside our business during this exciting time in Vancouver Foodie Tours’ history. This role requires occasional availability on weekends in accordance to the needs of the business.
- An operations manager who has a proven record of building cohesive teams.
- A natural problem solver who handles difficult situations with ease and humility.
- A strong leader who is committed to keeping others accountable.
- A role model for living Vancouver Foodie Tours’ core values and purpose.
- A local Vancouverite familiar with the city’s food, history and culture.
What you will have:
- Proven record in solving key business problems with creativity and resourcefulness.
- Dynamic mindset that thrives in our fast-changing world.
- High emotional intelligence, and awareness of self and others.
- Ability to proactively anticipate the needs of others.
- Experience effectively managing and coaching team members.
What you will be responsible for:
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs): Take ownership of all documentation related to SOPs across all areas of the business. Continuously update and improve work processes, ensuring consistent adherence from all team members.
- Tech Stack Management: Develop a deep understanding of our core technology tools and systems. Act as the main point of contact for staff and software providers, ensuring smooth operations and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Inventory and Vendor Management: Oversee inventory management and purchasing, maintaining strong relationships with vendors and ensuring effective communication.
- Customer Experience Enhancement: Improve processes related to customer experience, focusing on enhancing the satisfaction of guests, vendors, and team members.
- Budget Management: Take charge of the operations budget, tracking expenses and optimizing resource allocation to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strategy Contribution: Contribute to the development of product strategy and budgets, as well as sales and marketing strategy. Provide input on digital marketing initiatives and manage content creation.
- Tour Experience Leadership: Lead and support the Tour Guide team, holding them accountable for meeting their commitments and delivering exceptional tour experiences.
- Team Management: Oversee the Customer Experience team and Tour Guides, including scheduling and coaching team members effectively.
- Core Values and Issue Resolution: Consistently demonstrate a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, and clarity. Resolve issues in line with our core values and brand promise, addressing conflicts and challenges that may arise with clients, tour partners, and team members.
- Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with the President to stay aligned with the company’s vision. Filter and translate ideas into actionable plans for the business. Ensure effective communication throughout the organization.
- FOODIE TOUR GUIDE (hiring opens Feb 2024)
Do you love making people happy because acts of kindness fuel your soul? Would you love it even more if you can uplift communities and build relationships over delicious food?
If you are a charismatic and passionate story-teller who enjoys sharing your love for local food, culture and history, Vancouver Foodie Tours has an amazing opportunity for you! We are looking for part-time Tour Guides to join our team and help us continue our work of delivering fun and delicious food experiences to our guests.
Vancouver Foodie Tours is rated as one of the world’s best food tour operators. You will play a vital role in leading multiple culinary tours that showcase the best that Granville Island, Gastown and the Richmond Asian Food Scene have to offer. As a Tour Guide, you will be sharing your passion for food and people, while delivering memorable experiences.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Work closely with the President and General Manager to execute amazing culinary tours in Granville Island, Gastown and/or Richmond.
- Uphold our Brand Promise to provide fun, delicious food experiences that connect guests to Vancouver.
- Learn all about Vancouver history, architecture and food through our “Serious Foodie Training” that will get you up to speed.
- Resolve any challenges that may arise during tours by working collaboratively with our Operations team and external stakeholder.
- Generate happiness and appreciation for guests, team members and partners.
- Share your love of food and community!
What’s In It For Me?
- Complimentary access for you and a guest to key attractions, including discounts at hotels, offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass.
- Complimentary food tour experiences around the world.
- Family and friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours.
- Eating meetings and professional development workshops.
- Fun team-building events to build your culinary prowess and knowledge of Vancouver.
- Exclusive staff discounts on Granville Island.
- Flexible schedule.
What You Will Have:
- A proven track record of creating rewarding experiences for customers and team members.
- You are a natural problem solver and can handle challenges with ease and grace.
- Friendly and welcoming attitude with the ability to hold an audience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak confidently to a group of people.
- Consistently act in a professional manner.
- Punctuality and the ability to manage a flexible schedule.
- Ability to stand for a few hours and walk 2-3km.
Nice To Have:
- Previous experience working in the food and beverage, tourism, or hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of Vancouver’s culinary scene and history.
- Have lived in Vancouver or Richmond for the past three years.
- Conversational Mandarin, Cantonese, French and/or Spanish are an asset.
You must have open availability on Saturday and Sunday plus two other weekdays to host 2 to 4 hour-long tours. New guides will be assigned 1-4 tours each week depending on volume during the peak summer months.
Please send a single email with ALL of the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the
following format in the email subject line: Your First Name Last Name: Tour Guide Application
- A witty explanation of why you’d make the perfect food tour guide. Show us your awesome
- Day(s) of the week you are available
- Are you a native English speaker, and do you speak additional languages?
- SALES DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Vancouver Foodie Tours is recognized as one of the world’s top food tour operators by Forbes and TripAdvisor. After pausing the business during the pandemic, we are now ready to restart Vancouver Foodie Tours in Spring 2022.
Granville Island Delivery Co. creates beautiful gift boxes using artisanal products from Granville Island merchants. We have been recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine, CBC, and Vancouver Sun for our outstanding service in supporting our community throughout the pandemic. We are proud to uphold a 99% customer satisfaction rating.
This role will involve working across both brands and is a great opportunity to develop your sales skills or if you have an interest in a career in business development.
What You’ll Do
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling explaining benefits of our offering
- Schedule appointments for team to meet with potential clients
- Track all sales activities in company CRM system and keep current by updating account information in real time
- Communicate customer and prospect product pain points
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Meet and/or exceed quotas
- Conduct online marketing research on the new business leads
- Continuously improve through feedback
What You’ll Have.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- A passion for customer service and
What’s In It For Me?
- Complimentary access for you and a guest to key attractions, including discounts at hotels, offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass
- Family and friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours
- Eating meetings and professional development workshops
- Fun team-building events to build your culinary prowess and knowledge of Vancouver
- Exclusive staff discounts on Granville Island
Who You Are
- Solutions-driven critical thinker and problem solver
- Curious and excited for continuous learning
- A collaborator and team player who works well with others to deliver results meaningfully
If you’re interested – so are we! Send a single email with ALL of the following information to email@example.com. Use the following format in the email subject line: Your First Name Last Name: Sales Coordinator 2022
- An explanation on why you’d make a great Sales Coordinator (No more than 250 words)
- Which of our Core Values resonates with you most
Note: This opportunity is a mix of remote and in office hours based on the demands of the business and current public health orders. Part time and full time opportunities available.Close Window
Check out our team adventures
“Life at VFT? It’s fun, focus and food! We love to eat together, we love to learn new things, and we love Vancouver. Our team is everything and we have a blast!”
Joyce – Manager, Special Projects
Select A Tour
Gastronomic Gastown Tour
Our most popular tour! Discover the maze of food and drinks in Vancouver’s #1 Foodie district.
Granville Island Market Tour
The inside track at the world famous Public Market.Book My Tour
Authentic Asian Eats Tour
An Insider’s Guide to World-Class Chinese CuisineBook My Tour