Join Our Team
FOODIE TOUR GUIDE
Is your love for food becoming an unhealthy obsession? Are you a charismatic and passionate story-teller who enjoys sharing your love for food? If that’s the case, Vancouver Foodie Tours has an amazing opportunity for you! We are looking for a part-time Tour Guide to join our growing team and help us continue our work of delivering fun and delicious food experiences to our guests.
Vancouver Foodie Tours is rated as one of the world’s best food tour operators and is entering an exciting phase of growth! Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will play a vital role in leading multiple culinary tours that showcase the best that the Lower Mainland has to offer. As a Tour Guide, you will be sharing your passion for food, people, and delivering memorable experiences.
What you will get to do:
– Work closely with the Operations Manager and Tour Champion in executing amazing culinary tours throughout the Lower Mainland.
– Uphold our Brand Promise to provide fun, delicious food experiences that connect guests to the spirit of Vancouver and its people.
– Learn all about Vancouver history, architecture and food through our “Serious Foodie Training” that will get you up to speed.
– Resolve any challenges that may arise during tours by working collaboratively with our Operations team and external stakeholders to maintain our guests’ satisfaction.
– Share your love of food!
What you will have:
– A proven track record of creating memorable experiences for customers and team members.
– You are a natural problem solver and can handle challenges with ease and grace.
– Friendly and welcoming attitude with the ability to hold an audience.
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak confidently to a group of 2-16 people
– Consistently present yourself and act in a professional manner.
– Punctuality and the ability to manage a flexible schedule.
– Able to stand for long periods of time and walk distances
Nice to have:
– Previous experience working in the food and beverage, tourism, or hospitality industry.
– Knowledge of Vancouver’s culinary scene along with its history.
– Have lived in Vancouver or Richmond for the past three years.
– Conversational Mandarin and/or Cantonese language skills are preferred
What’s in it for me?
– Complimentary access for you and a guest to key attractions, including discounts at hotels, offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass.
– Complimentary food tour experiences around the world.
– Family and friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours.
– Eating meetings and professional development workshops.
– Fun team-building events to build your culinary prowess and knowledge of Vancouver.
– Exclusive staff discounts on Granville Island.
– Flexible schedule.
You must have open availability on Saturday and Sunday plus two other weekdays to host 3.5 to 4.5 hour-long tours. New guides will be assigned 1-3 tours each week depending on volume during the peak summer months.
How to Apply
Please send a single email with ALL of the following information to [email protected] Use the following format in the email subject line: Your First Name Last Name: Tour Guide Application 2020
1. A witty explanation on why you’d make the perfect food tour guide. Show us your awesome personality!
3. Day of the week you are available
4. Are you a native English Speaker, and can speak conversational Mandarin or Cantonese?
Check out our team adventures
“Life at VFT? It’s fun, focus and food! We love to eat together, we love to learn new things, and we love Vancouver. Our team is everything and we have a blast!”
Joyce – Manager, Special Projects
Select A Tour
Gastronomic Gastown Tour
Our most popular tour! Discover the maze of food and drinks in Vancouver’s #1 Foodie district.Book My Tour
Granville Island Market Tour
The inside track at the world famous Public Market.Book My Tour
Authentic Asian Eats Tour
An Insider’s Guide to World-Class Chinese CuisineBook My Tour