Join Our Team
Our Core Values
We are proud ambassadors of our home, Vancouver, and we love to:
Create Enriching Experiences
Push Past Limitations to Find a Better Way
Embrace Diversity and Curiosity
Play to Our Strengths
UPDATED MARCH 2019: We have exciting opportunities for: Marketing Specialist, Operations Specialist and Foodie Tour Guide. Apply now!
FREELANCE DIGITAL MARKETER
We’re looking for a Freelance Digital Marketer to contribute to Vancouver Foodie Tours’ online presence!
Our online presence is an extension of our Foodie Tours. If you read our 5-star TripAdvisor reviews, you’ll see what guests love most about the experience is our Foodie Tour Guides. Our online persona is exactly who we are – fun, friendly, knowledgable locals who are passionate about sharing the best of Vancouver’s food scene with others.
Our online channels are a place to share great memories and milestones that uplift our community of foodies, restauranteurs, and artisans. We’re fascinated with food, culture, history, and the digital space is another platform for us to give/receive candid recommendations and local tips. One look at our online presence and it should be easy to see: we’re excited by food and how it brings people together!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Digital Marketing (Estimated: 3-4 hours)
– Consult on our digital marketing strategy and tactics
– Use the customer journey to inform digital marketing mix, including PPC, display, and social remarketing
– Liase with our digital agency to provide assets and inform of upcoming promotions and changes
– Interpret findings from digital reports, Google 360, and social analytics to find areas of opportunity
– Create a monthly content calendar, accounting for approximately 2-3 social media posts, and 2 eNewsletters/month.
Social Media (Estimated: 3-4 hours)
– Bringing the fun, vibrant, friendly VFT brand to life on social!
– Uplift the Vancouver food community and inspire foodies to #EATtheMAP
– Curate and post content on Facebook and Instagram, including still images, video, and stories. Visual assets may be supplied (approximately 30%) or otherwise gathered.
– Facilitate occasional contests with community partners
– Respond to social media reviews, DMs, questions
– Set, track, and report on high-level engagement metrics
– Knowledge of video cropping and photo editing tools are an asset.
Email Marketing (Estimated: 3-4 hours)
– Create bi-monthly emails. Knowledge of Mailchimp is a must.
– Create and maintain our email marketing lists, seeking opportunities for targeting
– Create and maintain basic email marketing automation for pre and post purchase
– Basic knowledge of Adobe CS (Photoshop and/or Indesign) is an asset.
The majority of your work can be done remotely, but you will be supported by the Vancouver Foodie Tours team as needed, via email, phone, or in person!
Michelle, the Founder of Vancouver Foodie Tours, and the Operations Team will work closely with the Digital Marketer to inform and approve monthly content themes. They will inform the Digital Marketer of upcoming promotions, company milestones and relevant topics.
If you’re an aspiring food photographer, that’s awesome! You will also have access to our ever-growing gallery of photo and video assets.
Finally, you’ll be invited to join our Foodie Tours and our famous “Eating Meetings” to gather content as needed!
If you’re ready to rise to the occasion, please apply now by emailing [email protected] with all of the following:
1. Resume or Portfolio, including a real-world example of your digital efforts
2. Exactly 300 words in a Word Document, explaining why you would make the perfect Digital Marketer for Vancouver Foodie Tours
3. Expected rate
4. Subject line should read – Digital Marketer Application: First and Last Name
We are committed to finding the right person for this role and will offer flexible hours to meet the needs of their lifestyle. Preference is given to those with weekend availability. Part-time or full-time hours are available.Close Window
DETAILS OF THE ROLE
The Operations Specialists are the masterminds behind Vancouver Foodie Tours’ daily operations. They are an encyclopedia of details – they know our policies, processes, and systems inside and out. They are meticulous, efficient, and personable, and they operate with an admirable sense of professionalism.
We are committed to finding a great fit for this role, with preference given to those in an established stage of life. The workload and exact hours can be made flexible to compliment the lifestyle of the ideal candidate. You’ll be joining a team that has worked together for years, and we’re looking for a new crew member who is excited to join in our journey.
1. Real business needs you will solve – VFT is a growth company that has seen tremendous growth since its inception in 2010. The Operations Specialist will deliver memorable experiences to guests, tour partners and team members, while leveraging technology to achieve operational efficiency.
2. Management Style – At Vancouver Foodie Tours, we believe in providing team members with a general framework and relying on the individual to find the best way of getting the job done. Once you have completed the initial job shadowing and training, you will be given the freedom to find the best way of accomplishing the tasks at hand. Feedback is provided periodically and ideas exchange are encouraged. We will look to the Operations Specialist to provide the leadership and initiative to create a forward thinking and efficient way of managing the operational side of the business, while providing memorable experiences to guests, tour partners and team members.
3. Why you will love this job – You will enjoy working with supportive team members who are happy to assist, and an organization that’s on a mission to be the best they can be. If you are the inquisitive and critical thinking individual that we are looking for, you will fit right in and be encouraged and supported.
WINNING QUALITIES OF AN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
– You have a Type-A personality with an obsessive attention to details;
– Competency with numbers and Excel
– Possess strong organizational skills and is often organized to a fault;
– Prepares for Plan B and C, in the event Plan A falls through;
– A critical thinker who is resourceful;
– Demonstrates creativity in solving problems;
– Takes control of situations;
– Possess a high level of professionalism;
– Handles pressure with ease;
– A great communicator who keeps the rest of the team informed and organized;
– Possess great telephone manners;
– Is independent and thrives in an autonomous work environment.
RATE & PERKS
– A competitive hourly rate of $16-21/hour plus extended health benefits
– Complimentary access for you and a guest to key attractions, and discounts at hotels, offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass
– Complimentary food tour experiences around the world
– Family and Friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours
– Eating meetings, events and workshops
– Fun team building events to build your culinary prowess and experience Vancouver like never before
– Exclusive staff discounts at Granville Island businesses
– Flexible schedules
Tour Operations – Work with tour guides and tasting locations to deliver great experiences.
1. Maintain tour schedule, adding and cancelling tours as needed
2. Place daily orders with tasting locations
3. Confirm upcoming tours with tasting locations
4. Support tour guides with order changes and contacting guests as required
Customer Service – Process tour booking requests and assist customers with tour-related questions.
1. Provide memorable guest services by phone and email
2. Process incoming tour bookings
3. Secure private bookings
4. Bill clients using Quickbooks
Systems and Processes – Leverage technology to develop improved operational processes.
1. Develop organizational systems and work processes, to create a systematic way of doing things
2. Keep abreast of new technology and assessing if it can help move the organization forward
MORE ABOUT VANCOUVER FOODIE TOURS
Vancouver Foodie Tours offers food tasting and cultural walking tours, introducing food loving visitors and locals to one-of-a-kind food and drinks that define Vancouver’s culinary scene. Guests indulge in a feast for their eyes, belly and mind, tasting signature dishes at award-winning Vancouver restaurants and food shops. Guests also learn about the origins of ingredients and how dishes are prepared. This is the best way to taste Vancouver! Learn more about the Vancouver Foodie Tours team at https://foodietours.ca/our-story/.
If you possess the qualities we are looking for, please apply now by emailing [email protected] with all of the following:
2. Exactly 300 words in a Word Document, explaining why you would make the perfect Operations Specialist for Vancouver Foodie Tours
3. Expected hourly rate
5. Subject line should read – Operations Specialist Application: First and last name
We are committed to finding the right person for this role and will offer flexible hours to meet the needs of their lifestyle. Part-time or full-time hours are available.
This position closes when the position is filled. Please apply now.Close Window
FOODIE TOUR GUIDE
***Applications for 2019 Foodie Tour Guides are open!***
You’re charming and entertaining. We want you on our team!
Winning characteristics you’ll have:
– Warm, friendly and welcoming
– Acute awareness of surroundings
– Knack for controlling an audience
– Well-balanced communication skills
– Star-of-the-show mentality
– Professional appearance
– Familiarity with Vancouver’s food, history and culture
– Have lived in Vancouver for the past three years
How you will be supported:
You’ll receive paid “Serious Foodie Training” which lasts approximately 3-5 weeks to get you up to speed on Vancouver history, architecture and food. Once you’re up and leading a food tour, you’ll be amazed that you’re getting paid handsomely for something so ridiculously fun and rewarding.
We are accepting applications in Spring 2019 until all positions are filled.
Once hired and trained, Foodie Tour Guides receive on average $22/hr. Including gratuities, most guides average between $100-$200 per 2-3 hour tour.
– Complimentary access for you and guest to key attractions, including discounts at hotels, offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass
– Complimentary food tour experiences around the world
– Family and friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours
– Eating meetings, events and workshops
– Fun team building events to build your culinary prowess and to experience Vancouver like never before
– Exclusive staff discounts at Granville Island
– Flexible schedules
Other Pertinent Information:
You live in Vancouver and have a flexible schedule. You are available to lead a minimum of six tours weekly between April and October. This is a part-time role ending in October 2019, with the opportunity to be invited back for the Spring of 2020.
Tours are 2 or 3 hours long and depart mostly between 9 am and 4 pm. Depending on start time, most tours end between 11 am and 6:30 pm. You’ll be hosting small groups of less than 16 guests on most tours.
You own a mobile phone with internet access, have desktop/laptop-based internet access in your place of residence, and check your email several times per day.
We are accepting applications until all positions are filled:
Please send a single email with ALL of the following information to [email protected] Use the following format in the email subject line: Your First Name Last Name: Tour Guide Application 2019
1. A witty explanation on why you’d make the perfect food tour guide. Show us your awesome personality!
3. Day of the week you are available
4. In addition to conducting tours in English, can you also host tours in Spanish or French?
Check out our team adventures
“Life at VFT? It’s fun, focus and food! We love to eat together, we love to learn new things, and we love Vancouver. Our team is everything and we have a blast!”
Joyce, General Manager
Select A Tour
Gastronomic Gastown Tour
Our most popular tour! Discover the maze of food and drinks in Vancouver’s #1 Foodie district.Buy Now
Best of Downtown Tour
Taste Vancouver’s multicultural heritage at award-winning establishments!Buy Now
Granville Island Market Tour
The inside track at the world famous Public Market.Buy Now