Join Our Team
Our Core Values
Create Memorable Experiences
Find a Better Way
Ambassadors of Vancouver
FOODIE TOUR GUIDE
You’re charming and entertaining. We want you on our team!
Winning characteristics you’ll have:
– Warm, friendly and welcoming
– Acute awareness of surroundings
– Knack for controlling an audience
– Well-balanced communication skills
– Star-of-the-show mentality
– Professional appearance
– Familiarity with Vancouver’s food, history and culture
– Have lived in Vancouver for the past three years
How you will be supported:
You’ll receive paid “Serious Foodie Training” which lasts approximately 3-5 weeks to get you up to speed on Vancouver history, architecture and food. Once you’re up and leading a food tour, you’ll be amazed that you’re getting paid handsomely for something so ridiculously fun and rewarding.
March 31 or when all positions are filled.
Once hired and trained, Foodie Tour Guides receive on average $22/hr. Including gratuities, most guides average between $100-$135 per 2-3 hour tour.
– Complimentary access for you and guest to key attractions, including discounts at hotels, offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass
– Complimentary food tour experiences around the world
– Family and friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours
– Eating meetings, events and workshops
– Fun team building events to build your culinary prowess and to experience Vancouver like never before
– Exclusive staff discounts at Granville Island
– Flexible schedules
Other Pertinent Information:
You live in Vancouver and have a flexible schedule. You are available to lead a minimum of six tours weekly between April and October. This is a part-time role ending in October 2018, with the opportunity to be invited back for the Spring of 2019.
Tours are 2 or 3 hours long and depart mostly between 9 am and 4 pm. Depending on start time, most tours end between 11 am and 6:30 pm. You’ll be hosting small groups of less than 15 guests on most tours.
You own a mobile phone with internet access, have desktop/laptop-based internet access in your place of residence, and check your email several times per day.
Please send a single email with ALL of the following information to [email protected] Use the following format in the email subject line: Your First Name Last Name: Tour Guide Application 2018
1. A witty explanation on why you’d make the perfect food tour guide. Show us your awesome personality!
3. Day of the week you are available
4. In addition to conducting tours in English, can you also host tours in Spanish or French?
Check out our team adventures
“Life at VFT? It’s fun, focus and food! We love to eat together, we love to learn new things, and we love Vancouver. Our team is everything and we have a blast!”
Joyce, Marketing Manager
Select A Tour
Gastronomic Gastown Tour
Our most popular tour! Discover the maze of food and drinks in Vancouver’s #1 Foodie district.Buy Now
Best of Downtown Tour
Taste Vancouver’s multicultural heritage at award-winning establishments!Buy Now
Granville Island Market Tour
The inside track at the world famous Public Market. A Signature Canadian Experience! Buy Now
World’s Best Food Truck Tour
Available May-Sep 2018. Show-stopping food from Vancouver’s top food trucks. Buy Now