Join Our Team
FOODIE TOUR GUIDE
Do you love making people happy because acts of kindness fuel your soul? Would you love it even more if you can uplift communities and build relationships over delicious food?
If you are a charismatic and passionate story-teller who enjoys sharing your love for local food, culture and history, Vancouver Foodie Tours has an amazing opportunity for you! We are looking for part-time Tour Guides to join our team to deliver fun and delicious food experiences to guests.
Vancouver Foodie Tours is rated as one of the world’s best food tour operators. You will play a vital role in leading multiple culinary tours that showcase the best that Granville Island, Gastown and/or the Richmond Asian Food Scene have to offer. As a Tour Guide, you will be sharing your passion for food and people, while delivering memorable experiences.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Work closely with the President and General Manager to execute amazing culinary tours in Granville Island, Gastown and/or Richmond.
- Uphold our Brand Promise to provide fun, delicious food experiences that connect guests to Vancouver.
- Learn all about Vancouver history, architecture and food through our “Serious Foodie Training” that will get you up to speed.
- Resolve any challenges that may arise during tours by working collaboratively with our Operations team and external stakeholders.
- Generate happiness and appreciation for guests, team members and partners.
- Share your love of food and community!
What’s In It For Me?
- Complimentary access for you and a guest to key attractions, including discounts at hotels, offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass.
- Complimentary food tour experiences around the world.
- Family and friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours.
- Eating meetings and professional development workshops.
- Fun team-building events to build your culinary prowess and knowledge of Vancouver.
- Exclusive staff discounts on Granville Island.
- Flexible schedule.
What You Will Have:
- A proven track record of creating rewarding experiences for customers and team members.
- You are a natural problem solver and can handle challenges with ease and grace.
- Friendly and welcoming attitude with the ability to hold an audience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak confidently to a group of people.
- Consistently act in a professional manner.
- Punctuality and the ability to manage a flexible schedule.
- Ability to stand for a few hours and walk 2-3km.
Nice To Have:
- Previous experience working in the tourism, or hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of Vancouver’s culinary scene and history.
- Have lived in Vancouver or Richmond for the past three years.
- Conversational French, Spanish, Mandarin and/or Cantonese are an asset.
You must have open availability on Saturday or Sunday plus two other weekdays to host 2 to 4 hour-long tours. New guides will be assigned 1-4 tours each week depending on volume during the peak summer months.
How to Apply:
Please send a single email with ALL of the following information to email@example.com. Use the following format in the email subject line: Your First Name Last Name: Tour Guide Application 2024
- A witty explanation of why you’d make the perfect food tour guide. Show us your awesome personality!
- Day(s) of the week you are available
- Are you a native English speaker, and do you speak additional languages?
Check out our team adventures
“Life at VFT? It’s fun, focus and food! We love to eat together, we love to learn new things, and we love Vancouver. Our team is everything and we have a blast!”
Joyce – Manager, Special Projects
Select A Tour
Gastronomic Gastown Tour
Our most popular tour! Discover the maze of food and drinks in Vancouver’s #1 Foodie district.
Granville Island Market Tour
The inside track at the world famous Public Market.Book My Tour
Authentic Asian Eats Tour
An Insider’s Guide to World-Class Chinese CuisineBook My Tour