Join Our Team
FOODIE OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Details of the Foodie Administrator role
1. Real business needs you will solve
VFT is a growth company that has seen exponential growth since its inception in 2010. The Foodie Administrator will deliver memorable experiences for guests and tour partners, create a sound accounting system, while leveraging technology to achieve operational efficiency.
2. Management Style
At Vancouver Foodie Tours, we believe in providing team members with a general framework and relying on the individual to find the best way of getting the job done. Once you have completed the initial job shadowing and training, you will be given the freedom to find the best way of accomplishing the tasks at hand. Feedback is provided periodically and ideas exchange are encouraged.
We will look to the Foodie Administrator to provide the leadership and initiative to create a forward thinking and efficient way of managing the administrative and accounting side of the business, while providing memorable experiences to guests and tour partners.
3. Why you will love this job
You will enjoy working with supportive team members who are happy to assist, and an organization that’s on a mission to be the best they can be. If you are the inquisitive and critical thinking individual that we are looking for, you will fit right in and be encouraged and supported.
4. Part time and full time opportunities available
This role operates out of our Granville Island office.
These are winning qualities of the Foodie Administrator…
- You have a Type-A personality with an obsessive attention to details;
- Competency with numbers and Excel
- Possess strong organizational skills and is often organized to a fault;
- Prepares for Plan B and C, in the event Plan A falls through;
- A critical thinker who is resourceful;
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems;
- Takes control of situations;
- Possess a high level of professionalism;
- Handles pressure with ease;
- A great communicator who keeps the rest of the team informed and organized;
- Possess great telephone manners;
- Is independent and thrives in an autonomous work environment.
- Assist in creating a sound accounting system
- Develop organizational systems and work processes, to create a systematic way of doing things
- Keep abreast of new technology and assessing if it can help move the organization forward
- Provide guest services by phone and email
- Maintain tour schedule, adding and cancelling tours as needed
- Process incoming tour bookings
- Create memorable experiences for guests
- Place orders with tasting locations
- Confirm upcoming tours with tasting locations
- Support tour guides with order changes and contacting guests as required
- Create and send invoices, track payment receipts
- Track money owing to tasting locations
If you possess the qualities we are looking for, please apply now by emailing email@example.com with all of the following:
- Exactly 300 words in a Word Document, explaining why you would make the perfect Foodie Administrator for Vancouver Foodie Tours
- Expected hourly rate
- Subject line should read – Foodie Administrator Application: First and last name
Incomplete applications will not be considered. We will not be accepting inquiries by phone.
We are looking for someone with immediate availability. Only successful candidates will be contacted. This position closes when the position is filled. Please apply now.
ABOUT VANCOUVER FOODIE TOURS
Vancouver Foodie Tours offers food tasting and educational walking tours, introducing food loving visitors and locals to one-of-a-kind food and drinks that define Vancouver’s culinary scene. Guests indulge in a feast for their eyes, belly and mind, tasting signature dishes at award winning Vancouver gourmet restaurants, food shops and food trucks. Guests also learn about the origins of ingredients and how dishes are prepared. This is the best way to taste Vancouver!
We are a team of food-loving Vancouverites who are passionate about showing off our amazing city and culinary scene. Read all about the Vancouver Foodie Tours team here.Close Window
Check out our team adventures
“Life at VFT? It’s fun, focus and food! We love to eat together, we love to learn new things, and we love Vancouver. Our team is everything and we have a blast!”
Joyce, Marketing Manager
Select A Tour
Granville Island Market Tour
Our most popular tour! The inside track at the world famous Public Market.Buy Now
Gastronomic Gastown Tour
Vancouver’s #1 Foodie district. Discover the maze of food and drinks!Buy Now
Guilty Pleasures Gourmet Tour
Taste Vancouver’s multicultural heritage at award-winning establishments!Buy Now
World’s Best Food Truck Tour
Show-stopping food from Vancouver’s top food trucks.Buy Now