Join Our Team
Hey Foodies! Are you a growing operations leader with a proven record to build cohesive teams? Do you demonstrate a relentless obsession with values alignment? Vancouver Foodie Tours, consistently rated as one of the world’s best food tour operators, has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join the team before the holidays.
Vancouver Foodie Tours is entering an exciting phase of growth. Reporting directly to the President and leading a team of 12, the Operations Manager will play a key role in ensuring the team works together to achieve our growth goals. As our Operations Manager, you will lead and integrate all major operating functions of the business, sharing your passion for food, people, and delivering memorable experiences.
What you will get to do:
- Collaborate regularly with the President; effectively executing ideas and creating functional plans for the business to reach or exceed our goals
- Lead the Operations & Tour Guide teams – provide coaching, support, and help hold team members accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments. (This includes developing products and securing new tour partners, and maintaining our guest satisfaction rates!)
- Resolve any challenges that arise with key stakeholders including clients, tour partners and team members in accordance with our core values and brand promise
What You Will Have:
- Proven record of creating memorable experiences for customers and team members
- Experience effectively managing and coaching team members, and resolving conflicts
- A natural ability to problem solve, handling challenges with ease and humility
- Strength and emotional intelligence, committed to keeping others accountable and motivated to reach team goals
- A role model for living our core values (check them out on our website and tell us what resonates!) and upholding our brand promise
- You love to eat (and share your love of food with others)
- Flexibility, creativity and resourcefulness
- Identify and create improved work processes and systems
Nice to Have:
- Understandings of a small business / entrepreneurial environment
- A local Vancouverite familiar with the city’s food, history and culture
What’s In It For Me?
- Complimentary access, discounts, and food tour experiences around Granville Island (and the world!)
- Professional development opportunities (we believe in growing our team)
- Company benefits (healthcare spending account)
- A passionate, engaged, happy team that loves coming to work every day
Vancouver Foodie Tours began out of a passion for food, people, storytelling and our city’s multiculturalism. We are comprised of a small team of dedicated and passionate individuals who deliver fun, delicious food experiences that connect guests to the spirit of Vancouver and its people. We share and enlighten others through memorable culinary experiences and push past limitations to find a better way. Vancouver Foodie Tours fosters a diverse and inclusive environment and we are proud ambassadors of this city.
If you’re interested – so are we! Please email us your resume, along with some words on why you’d be a great leader for our team to [email protected]. We look forward to receiving your application.Close Window
FOODIE TOUR GUIDE
You’re charming and entertaining. We want you on our team!
Winning characteristics you’ll have:
– You live our 5 core values!
– Friendly and welcoming
– Knack for controlling an audience
– Well-balanced communication skills
– Star-of-the-show mentality
– Professional appearance
– Familiarity with Vancouver and Richmond’s food, history and culture
– Have lived in Vancouver or Richmond for the past three years
How you will be supported:
You’ll receive paid “Serious Foodie Training” which lasts approximately 3-5 weeks to get you up to speed on Vancouver history, architecture and food. Once you’re up and leading a food tour, you’ll be amazed that you’re getting paid handsomely for something so ridiculously fun and rewarding.
Once hired and trained, Foodie Tour Guides receive $22 or more per hour. Including gratuities, most guides average between $100-$155 per tour. Tours are 2-4 hours long.
– Complimentary access for you and guest to key attractions, including discounts at hotels, offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass
– Complimentary food tour experiences around the world
– Family and friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours
– Eating meetings and professional development workshops
– Fun team building events to build your culinary prowess and knowledge of Vancouver
– Exclusive staff discounts at Granville Island
– Flexible schedule
Other Important Information:
Availability: You have open availability on Saturday and Sunday to host 3.5-4.5 hour long tours. There will be a minimum of one tour per week during the winter, and two tours per week during the summer. Additional tours may be offered depending on business volume.
2019-2020 Winter Season: Host the Gastronomic Gastown Tour, from approximately 2:30-6:30 pm once a week on Saturday or Sunday.
2020 Spring & Summer Season: Host the Gastronomic Gastown Tour 1-2 times a week, and also host our new Authentic Asian Eats Tour in Richmond once a week.
Languages: Native English speaker, and conversational Cantonese or Mandarin preferred.
Homebase: You live in Vancouver or Richmond.
Group size: 2 to 16 guests per tour.
Connectivity: You own a Vancouver mobile phone number with data and check your email several times a day.
End of October 2019 or when this position has been filled.
How to Apply
Please send a single email with ALL of the following information to [email protected] Use the following format in the email subject line: Your First Name Last Name: Tour Guide Application 2019
1. A witty explanation on why you’d make the perfect food tour guide. Show us your awesome personality!
3. Day of the week you are available
4. Are you a native English Speaker, and can speak conversational Mandarin or Cantonese?
Check out our team adventures
“Life at VFT? It’s fun, focus and food! We love to eat together, we love to learn new things, and we love Vancouver. Our team is everything and we have a blast!”
Joyce – Manager, Special Projects
Select A Tour
Gastronomic Gastown Tour
Our most popular tour! Discover the maze of food and drinks in Vancouver’s #1 Foodie district.Buy Now
Granville Island Market Tour
The inside track at the world famous Public Market.Buy Now
Authentic Asian Eats Tour – Launches May 2020
An Insider’s Guide to World-Class Chinese CuisineBuy Now