Edible Canada’s Falafel Veggie Plate
– Featured on our Granville Island Market Tour –
For a video version of this recipe, check out our Facebook Live video with Chef Tobias!
Ingredients (Makes 4 Servings)
- 4 litres vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1 lb broccoli, cut in florets
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut in florets
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb hummus
- 3 oz lemon sesame dressing
- 3 oz red onion pickle
- 4 oz sumac yogurt
- 4 sprigs dill stems removed
- 1 lb falafel mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
Divide the falafels into 12 balls. Pat them into a puck shape and fry at 350 for 5-6 minutes.
Mix the vegetables dress lightly with oil, salt and pepper, and cook on very high heat, either directly under a broiler or and grill or bbq, let the vegetables char slightly but keep them el dente in texture.
Remove the cooked vegetable from the heat and toss with the sesame tahini dressing and lemon juice, adjust seasoning as necessary. Toss the halved cherry tomatoes into the warm vegetables,
Spread the hummus on the bottom of a plate and arrange the falafels and vegetables over top, garnish with sumac yogurt, pickled onions and dill.