An all-encompassing, undiscriminating, “must-do” list of things to do, see, taste and discover in Vancouver
1. Blend in with the locals and drop-in for a yoga class at Semperviva on Granville Island
2. Get a dose of West Coast scenery and bike the Stanley Park seawall
3. Visit “Brewery Creek” – a craft-beer filled district, ~10-15 minutes drive from downtown Vancouver
5. Stand-up paddleboard on False Creek with Vancouver Water Adventures
6. Visit the Museum of Vancouver and learn about the history of the city
7. Slurp $1.50 Oysters at Fanny Bay Oysters at Happy Hour
8. Eat Vancouver’s Best Pizza at Nicli Antica Pizzeria – featured on our Gastronomic Gastown Tour
9. Hike the Grouse Grind, aka Vancouver’s stairmaster
10. Visit Granville Island and eat everything at the world-famous Public Market – Kudos to you if you’ve already booked our Granville Island Market Tour! Read our Travellers’ Guide to Granville Island here!
11. Savour the incredible French Toast at Fable on W 4th Avenue
12. Take the Aquabus or the False Creek Ferry – it’s a economic and scenic way to get from downtown Vancouver to/from Granville Island and/or Brewery Creek (Olympic Village)
13. Visit the 2010 Olympic Cauldron at Vancouver’s Waterfront
14. Take a Cooking Class at The Dirty Apron in Gastown
15. Eat a perfect macaron from Café Thierry
16. Learn Vancouver’s history with Forbidden Vancouver Tours
17. Sip delightful cocktails at Prohibition in the Rosewood Hotel Georgia
18. Do like Seth Rogan and David Change and eat a fresh Honey-Dipped Lee’s Donut on Granville Island – Skip the line with us for hot out-of-the-fryer donuts on the Granville Island Market Tour
19. Take a picture with the giant laughing statues at English Bay
20. Get half-priced tickets to shows, events and tours at Tickets Tonight
22. Visit the Vancouver Art Gallery
23. Feel the thrill of $2 nigiri and $10 sushi specials – you’ll be surprised by the quality of our neighbourhood “holes-in-the-wall” sushi joints!
24. Get the rice sheet noodles from Sen Pad Thai on Granville Island. Add the soft shell crab, because you can.
25. Sharpen your photography skills with Vancouver Photowalks
26. Indulge in handmade pasta at Ask for Luigi or Savio Volpe
27. Treat yourself to a scoop of Whisky Hazelnut at Earnest Ice Cream
28. Visit the Museum of Anthropologie at UBC
29. Go for ramen, especially if it’s a rainy day. Marutama or Santouka will do nicely.
30. Visit the penguins at the Vancouver Aquarium
31. Take a 4D Experience and “FlyOver Canada” at Canada Place
32. Taste the sourdough bread from Terra Breads – we feature three varieties on our Granville Island Market Tour!
33. Visit the Kitsilano dog beach
34. Walk through the iconic Vancouver Public Library
35. Treat yourself at the luxurious Shangri-La Hotel “Chi” Spa in the heart of downtown Vancouver
36. Eat some of the “best Chinese food outside of China” at Kirin Restaurant
37. Step inside the breathtaking lobby of the Marine Building, built in 1933
38. Refine your palate with a free coffee cupping in Gastown at Timbertrain Coffee Roasters
39. Have brunch at Café Medina
40. Visit Japadog – the world-famous street food cart that sells Japanese-inspired gourmet hot dogs
41. Venture across the Capilano Suspension Bridge
43. Taste the best of BC wine at Edible Canada at the Market – featured on our Granville Island Market Tour
44. Take a scenic seaplane ride with Harbour Air
45. Visit Chickpea for incredibly delicious falafel and hearty plant-based brunch, lunch and dinner!
46. People watch and eat poutine from the patio Six Acres in Gastown
47. Experience Vij’s for award-winning Indian cuisine