November 17 – November 20, 2016
Presented by Vancouver’s meat masters, Oyama Sausage Company, at the Granville Island Public Market
Meet cassoulet (pronounced CAH-SOO-LAY):
- A traditional French comfort food – a slow-cooked, hearty casserole of meat and white beans.
- Originated in the South of France as a simple and humble meal.
- Named after its traditional cooking vessel called a “cassole” – a deep, round, earthenware pot.
Each Fall, Oyama cooks up over 1,000 dishes of delicious cassoulet…and they always sell out.
- Slow-cooked for 4-5 hours in their facility in Vancouver.
- Sold in portions of 2…just slide it in the oven and get ready to eat!
- Cassoulet is traditionally paired with meats like duck confit, sausages, and pork roast. Because Oyama sells their cassoulet as a base, you have their whole counter of gourmet meats (and the expertise of their amazing staff) to find the perfect savoury pairing!
How to get in on the action:
- Call Oyama to pre-order at 604-327-7407
- Show up at the Granville Island Public Market during the festival dates and cross your fingers that there’s still cassoulet to take home!
- Cassoulet is sold in 2 person portions for $16.79.
To top things off…
During Cassouletfest, bring your receipt from Oyama Sausage Company to Liberty Wines on Granville Island and receive 10% off off a bottle of Beaujoulais Nouveau!